Saturday, June 23, 2012

Flashback: Seeing Double


There's just something totally cool
(and a bit surreal) about seeing
a character oppose 'themselves.'

Hoax, dream, imaginary story...


...android, clone, illusion...


...identity theft, alternate earth,
look-a-like....


...split in two by some far-fetched comic-booky
science device...


It doesn't really matter!
It's just fun and a visually striking artistic
effect, at least for me!
(One of my many 'fetishes' in collecting,
back in the day!)



I think one of the things I most enjoy,
just as my love for split-personality and dual-identity
characters, is the sense of inner conflict
being externalized.


There's some very heady and heavy
Freudian/Jung stuff going on in
regards to doing battle with
yourself...

Whether it's on an inner landscape,
or in broad daylight with long
underwear on!

*****



No comments:

Post a Comment